Agassiz Park Lodge is nestled in the village of McCreary in Manitoba right on Highway #5.
The hotel/restaurant is located alongside the eastern part of Riding Mountain National Park. The rooms that are facing this direction provide a beautiful view of the parks hills and trees. Riding Mountain National park offers numerous hiking, walking, bicycling and cross country ski trails. The closest entrance is called the “East Gate”. Info.
Other area attractions include;
- McCreary Golf Course (9 holes, Par 36, Yardage 3,209, Designer: Russ Olson)
- Country Oasis Spa & Florals
- Skating rink (indoor) 80×180 foot surface
- Curling arena with 3 sheets of ice
- Outdoor public swimming pool
- Tennis court with 3 nets at the McCreary school
- Baseball diamonds (3) at the fairgrounds
- Hay and sleigh rides available by appointment
- Many historical sites within McCreary
- Several heritage sites within a short drive
- Several churches within McCreary
The village of McCreary also has:
- Post office, bank, gas and grocery store